Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Missing SBT is like forgetting to brush your teeth...you just DONT do it!!


Phew...we are back on schedule. Since August 4, 2009 I have not missed a Salad Bar Tuesday!! I have scheduled conference calls around it, made sure my laptop was in the office for Tuesdays and planned my kid's extended day times to make sure I can fully enjoy each and every tuesday right here at the Cape Cod Times!

Then, last week my youngest daughter was sick!! I was devastated. I even sent out an email reminder to everyone that SBT was still on because our co-founder had the audacity to go on a cruise, and then much to my dismay, my daughter refused to get better. I was heartbroken, hungry and worst of all forced to be unhealthy! Not because my 2 yr old had a 101 fever and refused to sleep, but because the one thing i have to look forward to routinely anymore in my life was not to be.

Now i realize there may be those naysayers out there who have a puzzled look on their face right now trying to figure out how anyone can be this addicted to salad, but trust me, it can happen to you! This economy has sucked us all dry, and since we have to go to work, it gives us that one thing to look forward to each and every Tuesday morning. The reason to get out of bed in the morning. Albeit, I have to get up slightly earlier on Tuesdays to slice, dice and prepare my fixings, but its all worth it.

In the name of health, happiness and good friends, I say welcome back SBT...its great to be a part of this fabulous tradition.

2 comments:

  1. Ummmm, this blog needs pictures. How is some one on the Seacoast of New Hampshire supposed to know something like this is real? Sounds way too utopian to actually happen to me....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that this is real since its not a tuesday and i have an archived photo to represent. It was not at the hieght of soup and chili season, but it does give a sampling of the variety of goods available on any given tuesday.

    ReplyDelete