Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Salad Bowl is...A Beautiful Medley

Creating the perfect salad bowl can be compared to composing a symphony and then hearing it come alive with a full orchestra.  That's how I felt today creating and eating my salad bowl of deliciousness.

Since everyone was participating the toppings were endless, but since about 3pm yesterday I knew exactly the direction I was headed....a taco salad delight.

I had made some veggie chili to share with the group along with assorted grated cheeses.  All of the participants had brought other bountiful treasures and my taco salad was in full swing.

I filled my bowl with lettuce on one half and chili on the other.  I topped the lettuce with one of the most scrumptious food items I have ever tasted, Jamie's Pilgrim salad.  I also included some sliced tomatoes and tortilla chips on the lettuce side.  On the chili side of my bowl I added some grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese and sour cream, that Catheren had so kindly contributed saving me a trip to the store.  And viola, my salad was complete.  I could say something like this salad was comparable to Beethoven's 5th, but it was really a Dave Mathews song today, courtesy of Jamie's iTouch and our Dave Mathews Salad Bar Tuesday.

1 comment: